Upgrade SmartIT theme to latest version (1.1.4)

Support Forums Support Forums SmartIT WordPress Theme Upgrade SmartIT theme to latest version (1.1.4)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jack 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

pejman
    Participant
    pejman themes
    Theme Name Buyer License Supported Until
    SmartIT Premium Responsive WordPress Theme pejiman Regular License 01/03/2016

Hello guys,
    Does it need to backup some parts of old version before upgrading to new version?
    Why upgrade documentation is no available with new package?

jack

Hi there,

Yes its always better to do a website backup before a theme update just to prevent any content loss. The documentation is the same since all the functions and features are the same.

Regards,
    Jack

pejman
    Participant
    pejman themes

Hi Jack,

Thanks for guidance.
    You said that if upgrade be successful. there is no risk for losing configuration. is it true?

jack

If you do everything properly then yes there is no risk. So once again please follow this advise:

First of all you would need to back up your website just to make sure you prevent loosing any of your content. You would need to open the Theme Options in a separate tab in your browser and keep in open. Then go to appearance, select default theme and delete smartIT theme, Then install updated theme theme. Once you done with that go back to that tab with the Theme Options and click there Save all changes, by doing it this way none of the customization added through Theme Options would be lost.

Regards,
    Jack

pejman
    Participant
    pejman themes

Thanks for excellent support Jack,
    And some question it is greatly appreciated if you answer me:

1)How can i find i am using the latest version of your theme? i really don’t remember that i upgraded it before or not 😀

2) Did you minify CSS files and Js scripts in last version? and you better know that query strings in front of js files URLs now is a negative point for page rankings.

3)Is there any problem with version 4.3.1 of WordPress if i decide to don’t upgrade to latest version of theme?

jack

Hi there,

We are really sorry for delayed reply. You can check the theme version you are using by opening the theme thumbnail in the Appearance> Themes and compare to the version we have posted on the themeforest. We have made this update year ago and as far as I remember we haven’t minify css and JS scripts. Yes the previous version might have some issues with 4.3.1.

Regards,
    Jack

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.