Style settings don't change after saving

Support Forums Support Forums CarDealer WordPress Theme Style settings don't change after saving

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jack 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

squatto
    Participant
    squatto themes
    Theme Name Buyer License Supported Until
    Car Dealer Automotive WordPress Theme – Responsive squatto Regular License 09/05/2017

I’ve changed the colors in the theme options to a blue color (replacing every default orange color) and pressed “Save All Changes”, but none of the colors actually change on the website. I’ve attached an example of the setting I changed – the link colors. But if you go to the site – http://gocowboysales.com/ – they’re still orange. Am I missing a step?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

squatto
    Participant
    squatto themes
    Car Dealer Automotive WordPress Theme – Responsive squatto Regular License 09/05/2017

And on top of it all, I can’t see a single place to change the orange color of the links in the random listings on the home page, or the orange border/hover color on the services on the home page. The orange is EVERYWHERE and it can’t be changed!

squatto
    Participant
    squatto themes

Looking at the source of the page, it looks like my custom1.css file is being overridden by the built-in styles. I’m having to resort to copying and pasting them into the custom styles box and adding !important to the colors. Something definitely isn’t working right.

jack

Hi there,

Yep there is an issue with altering all orange of the default elements optionally and we are working on fixing it, but the elements could be adjusted through custom css and there is a field for inserting custom css in the Theme Options> styling, If you need our help with it please submit a ticket with access details provided and we will change all elements color to yours.

Regards,
    Jack

squatto
    Participant
    squatto themes

Thanks for the response Jack, I appreciate it. Would it just require changing the order that the CSS files are enqueued?

Right now I’m putting everything in the “Styling” section, but I’m having to add “!important” to all of the styles so they don’t get overridden by the base CSS file.

Thanks again,
    -Scott

jack

Hello Scott,

Yep you just need to add !important to make sure custom css overwrite the main styles in the style.css

Regards,
    Jack

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.