Slider issues

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jack 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

nickharambee
    Participant

Hi,

I was having issues with the slider under ‘theme options’ – since moving the site to a new server I can’t get the link to the media for the slider to stick – I am adding files from the media library and they show up when first added, but then a ‘no image’ symbol shows on page refresh – see attached image.

So I updated to the latest version of the theme and now the slider isn’t showing at all on the home page even though the slider group is selected in the page settings (and the original issue still persists too).

Please help!

Thanks,

Nick

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jack

Hi there,

Please review the important notification we have posted on the theme details page:
    We would like to inform you that we have discontinued updating this theme. Therefore please be advised that this theme will not work with the latest WordPress updates and we would like to highlight that its strongly recommended to use the theme with the appropriate WordPress version which is mentioned in theme details. Some of you would be disappointed about it, but you need to understand that this theme is outdated and don’t really match the modern design of nowadays. That’s why we decided to keep up with the times and create more great new looking themes for you which will definitely be working with latest WordPress versions. Maybe its time for you to upgrade your website with one of our new themes? We will keep providing best support for our customers and even for old themes but with appropriate WordPress version. We appreciate your understanding regarding this matter and thank you for choosing our themes!

Regards,
    Jack

nickharambee
    Participant

Hi Jack,

It is a pity that your theme is no longer compatible with more recent versions of WordPress – I think to release a theme and then stop support/development within one year is pretty poor. My client is attached to the theme, but would also like to be able to update to more recent versions of WordPress. Which of the more modern themes is the closest to Freely, and will you be offering discounts to Freely customers?

My client is currently using version 3.4.2 of WordPress and the slider was working fine with this on the old server – I have only moved the site to a new server – not updated any plugins, and yet I am experiencing the issue described above. I hope you will be able to help me resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Nick

jack

If you are using the theme with required WP version then please submit a ticket with access details provided so we could check on this issue.

Unfortunately there is no option to provide the discount and I would suggest you to review our Goodnex WP theme.

Regards,
    Jack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.