Plugin Licenses

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  richsadams 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

richsadams
    Participant

Hello, I just purchased the Lawyer&Co WP theme for an attorney client with an additional six months of support.

Two plugins, WPBakery Page Builder and LayerSlider WP currently indicate the need for an update and/or registration.

After reading the various threads here I understand that you have a developer license for these plugins, do not provide individual licenses and that plugins included in the theme package will be updated when the theme is updated.

I also understand that in order to avoid having outstanding plugin update notifications prior to a theme update that I (or the client in this case) would need to purchase additional individual plugin licenses (an additional $70 in this case).

None of this information was disclosed on your theme purchase page.

I cannot in good faith turn over a website to a client with continual outstanding plugin notices that they do not understand nor should I have to have them purchase separate licenses for them to maintain.

If there isn’t a remedy to this situation I’ll need to request a refund and use another company’s theme.

Welcome your thoughts.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

richsadams
    Participant

UPDATE: I’m going to go ahead and purchase individual licenses for the WPBakery Page Builder and LayerSlider WP plugins and give them to my client.

However it would be very beneficial to alert buyers to the fact that they will not be receiving individual licenses for those plugins.

Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.