Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Alex TM 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

CorneSmits
    Participant

Dear developers of ThemeMakers,

I am trieing to localize a site using your theme. I got poedit to edit you language/en_US.po.

I made some changes and saved it as nl_NL.po. I uploaded the .po&.mo files. Now the backend starts to localize but the frontend doesn’t. Could you give me a hint of where to look or what to change?
    I just want the dutch text domain instead of the english us. Allready checked the codex numberous times.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/load_theme_textdomain

Thnx for the time, and absolutely amazing work!

Stacey TM

Hello CorneSmits,

Unfortunately we are not able to support Poedit application, since it has been developed by other developers. Just few hints as it suppose to work.
    If you have done everything correctly  1) Install this program at first,  2) opened the  .po file in this POEDIT program and got a table – at the left side – original text – at the right – already translated., 3) then translated them one by one.
    After all translation you should save this file and in the result you get two files 1 – is .po and 2 – is .mo
    Put them into Language folder or into the root of plugin and theme.

This  can also help you as well http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/57219/how-to-translate-a-plugin-via-po-mo

charlie_olsen
    Participant

I have a similar question… I’m testing the theme on a brand new website, I’m using WordPress latest version (3.6.1) in my native language, portuguese. When I look into the Blog section, I still find expressions in english like “Posted by”, “Leave a comment” and “Read more”.

I know I could edit the php files (brute force) but I want to be able to update the theme when an update is released, so what is the right way to translate the theme? Should I make a new .po file in portuguese?

Alex TM
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

I’d suggest you to use a plugin, named “Codestyling Localization” for the localization of your themes and plugins.

Regards,

Alex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Axioma WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.