Drop Down Menus Gone After Update

Support Forums Support Forums Horizon WordPress Theme Drop Down Menus Gone After Update

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stacey TM 4 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

MacMyDay
    Participant

I’m not sure what is happening with this theme, but more problems are manifested after an update than the update fixes.

Still not sure if the third column shortcode works, becuase just recovering from this update has my head spinning and my coding fingers pounding.

DROP DOWN MENUS ARE GONE. Poof. Disappeared.

I have tried creating new menus, etc.

But in custom menus wordpress options under appearance what worked in the last version of the “NEW” horizon now no longer work:

http://bit.ly/GMCooJ

if you want to look under the hood see my previous ticket for admin access credentials

Stacey TM

Hello MacMyDay,

The possible reason of the issue you described us can be because by this –  in the tab Appearance > Menus there is not chosen Primary Menu in Theme Location area. Please check it and let us know if you still have some questions. Like an example you can follow the screenshot below:
    http://imm.io/J7DT

Have a great day!

Stacey

MacMyDay
    Participant

Hi Stacy –

To be sure. I of course have my menu as the primary menu selected. As I did before. As mentioned, I even tried new menus and changing primary menu. They are not working HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacey TM

Hello Mac,

We tried to use your admin access you provided us before in our ticket system, but for some reason it did not work and we are not able to log in and check what is the reason of this issue . Please check the permissions and send us once again. Once we have them we will try to find out what is wrong and fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you and have a good day!

Stacey

kevinirish
    Participant

I am having the same problem. I checked and I have the menu selected in the menu section. I have also tried to make a new menu drop-down menu and that did not work either.

If it is a permissions problem can you let me know what I would need to change?

Thanks,

Kevin

Stacey TM

Hello Kevin,

We need to check this inside, so please submit a ticket in our support ticket system where provide with admin panel access and FTP as well. Once we figure out the issue we will provide with results.

Best regards,
    Stacey

Stacey TM

Hi guys,

Would like to share the result of Kevin’s issue with drop down.
    We have checked this issue  and find out that the reason lies in your plugins activated. We deactivated all of them and drop down menu appeared. So to define which plugins makes drop down menu to hide  you can deactivate each plugin one by one and check your front end after refreshing, thus figure out what exactly plugin influences on drop down menu.

Best regards,
    Stacey

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.