Click to Scroll

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bowersdesign 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

ApoCaLypSe
    Participant

I have been trying to get this one to work but no luck… need some help from the house. I became aware that most of my visitors had no idea that the little thingy to the side was actually for scrolling… so I went ahead and replaced the images to give it more of a “Windows” scrollbar look…

Click for Image

…but for some it’s still not clear that you have to click, hold and drag to scroll. I would like to be able to click on the arrow-up to scroll up, the arrow-down to scroll down, and anywhere along jspTrack to scroll to that position. Please provide me with the code to do that… I am way past deadline and I need help ASAP!

Stacey TM

Hello ApoCaLypSe,

Please be aware that we use Google API Map in our theme, so please follow this link where you’ll find detailed instructions of all map settings:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/

Best regards,
    Stacey

ApoCaLypSe
    Participant

Stacey… my request has absolutely NOTHING to do with google maps. Please disregard the screen shot and focus on what I actually wrote. What I need is a solution for general SCROLLING in the theme. I want people to be able to click on the down arrow to scroll down and on the up arrow to scroll up, as opposed to clicking, holding and dragging… which is the current method.

Stacey TM

Hello ApoCaLypSe,

Please be advised that theme works only this way, since once again we use Google API with all settings for maps outputting, it means that all scrolling settings, marking etc. are regulated by Google API itself. More over, it is custom work and we do not provide with it, we only support out themes and help to fix some issues in work or things of that nature. You could try to search some plugin which helps to add some arrows for scrolling.

Thank you and have a great day!
    Stacey

ApoCaLypSe
    Participant

Stacey, please do not be offended, but with all due respect, I am starting to believe that either…

1. You are a bot that analyzes key words and then provides pre-programmed responses;
    2. You have limited dominion of the English language;
    3. You don’t read well, or have a serious problems understanding what you read;
    4. You are so busy, you just “glance” at what’s written without really reading it;
    5. All of the above… or…
    6. You are being playful and messing with me!

Let me reiterate… what I want/need has absolutely NOTHING to do with Google Maps. In other words, I am not asking about anything related to Google Maps or anything google. Do NOT be confused with the image I posted… I will post another so you won’t be distracted by the google map and probably read what I have to say.

ONCE AGAIN…

I became aware that most of my visitors had no idea that the little thingy to the side was actually for scrolling… so I went ahead and replaced the images to give it more of a “Windows” scrollbar look…

Click for Image

…but for some it’s still not clear that you have to click, hold and drag to scroll. I would like to be able to click on the arrow-up to scroll up, the arrow-down to scroll down, and anywhere along jspTrack to scroll to that position. Please provide me with the code to do that… I am WAY PAST deadline and I need help ASAP!

Stacey TM

Hello ApoCaLypSe,

I am very sorry for this misunderstanding. You are absolutely right, I was mislead with Google map, however now I got your point about scrolling and what exactly you was trying to say. I do believe that it was kind of irritating, so once again accept my sincere apologies.

With regards to your matter, please be aware that tomorrow I will ask our programer what can be done in this situation and as apologise we will fix it free of charge for you. For that we will need your FTP permissions. You can send it to me on my personal e-mail address stacey@webtemplatemasters.com
    Waiting to hear from you .

Thank you for understanding and patience.
    With all respect,
    Stacey

ApoCaLypSe
    Participant

Thank you very much for your response Stacey, it was really very frustrating and I am happy we got that cleared up. I was unable to see your response before as it seemed (at least from my connection) that your site was hijacked and redirected to some other that had nothing to do with you. I am glad to see everything is back to normal.

Yes! I would absolutely love to have your programmer fix this for me and I will send you the ftp access details to the email address you provided.

Thanks again!

~Andrew

Stacey TM

Hi Andrew,

Please advise how many pixels you would like your scroll  to be? What exact wide?

Best regards,
    Stacey

ApoCaLypSe
    Participant

15 pixels wide (as I made it) is good for me. Please remember that what I need is for people to be able to click on the ▲ to scroll up… and on the ▼ to scroll down, without having to click hold and drag as they currently have to.

ApoCaLypSe
    Participant

NOTE: I have done quite a few mods to the theme… so please work with my files as base so they aren’t lost.

kasrawww
    Participant
    kasrawww themes
    Theme Name Buyer License Supported Until
    Accio | Responsive Onepage Parallax Agency WordPress Theme kasrawww Regular License 01/03/2016

That would be great if you could post the instruction here.
    On my Home Page I have a full screen video with transparent tab bar. Most of my visitors don’t actually realize that they don’t have to click on tabs, they can easily scroll down and go to the next page.

So my question is that is the a way that I could add a simple and transparent arrow in the bottom of Home Page so people know that if they scroll down, it will take them to next pages?
    Have a look here and you know what I mean: http://www.kasrakarimi.co.uk

Cheers,
    Kasra

jack

Hi there,

These features you are seeking could be added only via editing default theme source files and these changes totally deal with customization. Unfortunately we do not provide our customers with any custom work due to our policy. We only do Support for our products if there are some issues in work, or some elements cause issues, etc.
    In case you need to make some customizations you could try to figure this out on your own, which needs some skills in coding and programming.
    In case if you believe our theme misses enough custom options to fully meet your needs you could involve/ask for help a third part developer to customize the theme the way you personally like.
    Thanks for understandings and sorry for any inconveniences!

Regards,
    Jack

bowersdesign
    Participant
    bowersdesign themes
    Theme Name Buyer License Supported Until
    Accio | Responsive Onepage Parallax Site Template sloga Regular License 01/03/2016

Did anyone get this working? Do you mind sharing the code?
    I’m hoping to get my arrow to scroll down smoothly to the next section. Currently, it is abrupt.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.