A few questions regarding events

Support Forums Support Forums Blessing WordPress Theme A few questions regarding events

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jack 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

MoniqueMartens
    Participant

Hi,

See the events page on our website. Currently we have no published events; only a few in concept.

We have two specific questions:

1. If an event is covering more than one day, how would you insert the duration of that event?
    2. What is the use of event category, except that the category is shown at an event and you can click on it. Will it than present all events of that category? I couldn’t find a widget to place on the events page where visitors can select an event category…

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & regards,
    Monique

jack

Hello Monica,

1)Due to the original development the duration of the event could be set only to 24 hours and it could be increased through altering the default theme source files but these changes involves custom work.

2) There is an option to add events category to the menu and you just need to make sure that events categories are checked in the screen options http://awesomescreenshot.com/0224ebcj31

Regards,
    Jack

MoniqueMartens
    Participant

Hello Jackio,

1) Can you let me know what to change in the code (core file?) to fully delete the duration of an event? It is not necessary for my client.

2) I’ll try that.

Regards,
    Monique

jack

Hi there,

These changes requires editing default source theme files which totally deals with customization, Unfortunately we do not provide our customers with any custom work due to our policy therefore we do not provide instructions for it. We only do Support for our products if there are some issues in work, or some elements cause issues, etc.
    In case you need to make some customizations you could try to figure this out on your own, which needs some skills in coding and programming.
    In case if you believe our theme misses enough custom options to fully meet your needs you could involve/ask for help a third part developer to customize the theme the way you personally like.
    Thanks for understandings and sorry for any inconveniences!

Regards,
    Jack

RCS_07631
    Participant

I would just like to know how can I take the duration of the date off of the post. Meaning if the event starts on 1/o3/2016 and ends on 1/05/2016….How would I just have the post show the begin date and time. Or is there a way that I can change the date format because it is dd/mm/yy order rather than mm/dd/yy.

jack

You can change the date format on events optionally in the Theme Options > Events http://awesomescreenshot.com/07c5l52865

Regards,
    Jack

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Blessing WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.