Here you’ll find the easiest and right way of upgrading your WordPress Theme up to it’s latest version along with it’s recommended plugins, but before you process with the theme upgrade we strongly recommend you to do a full backup of your website:
- Log into your wp-admin, Install and activate “Envato Market” plugin;
- Navigate to newly activated plugin’s settings page (wp-admin -> Envato Market) and fill in a prompted field named Envato API Personal Token (you’ll have a short list of instructions on how to get it right above the prompt field).
- Click “Save Changes” and navigate to the “Themes” tab at the top of page;
- Find your Theme in a list and click “Update Available” link at the red bar over your chosen item, wait until the process finishes installing new theme version;
- If the theme you’re upgrading contains one of the following plugins: “LayerSlider“, “Slider Revolution” and “WPBakery Page Builder” (formerly Visual Composer) you’ll have to first remove their existing plugin versions and then do the next step. For ones, who’s theme doesn’t contain any of mentioned plugins just skip this step and go further.
- Navigate to (wp-admin -> Appearance -> Install Plugins) and upgrade the plugins to their recommended latest versions;
- You’re done!